Since the early 70's, the Riverbend Striders has been an integral part of the running scene in Michigan promoting health and fitness through running and walking, for the beginning runner and the seasoned veterans alike.
Why You Should Join
The purpose of the Riverbend Striders is to promote health & fitness through running and walking. We serve the running/walking community by providing a year-round schedule of events, either through club managed races or by assisting area race directors for non-club managed events. The Striders welcomes all area runners and walkers whether you are a beginner or a seasoned veteran.
Riverbend Strider Benefits:
- Discounts of $1.00 on early registration for at least eight club managed races held throughout the year.
- A 10% discount on regular priced items at Bauman's Running Center in Flint
- Training runs/walks on Wednesday evenings at the Downtown Flint YMCA, with the use of lockers and showers
- Membership in the Road Runners Club of America
- Newsletters, race applications, e-mail bulletins, race results, area running information, and special announcements
- Club social gatherings
Members who are renewing will keep their current or previous (if expired) number that was issued.
New members will receive an email from the Striders that will include their membership number to be used for discounts on early registration for eligible races, YMCA training runs and discounts at Bauman's. Memberships for 2016 will expire on December 31, 2017.